Travelers who are interested in cheap flights to Atlanta can easily fly into the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. It is also known as “Atlanta Airport,” and is located south of the city, in areas of Fulton and Clayton counties. It is a gigantic airport with two main terminals, that are divided into 151 domestic gates, and 28 international.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) Information
The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) has two main terminals, called North Terminal and South Terminal. In between these two terminals is the main security checkpoint, as well as the Atrium, which is an open area with a large seating area, concessionaires and a bank. There are then six concourse buildings, which are connected underground through a Transportation Mall. Amenities at this airport include shops, restaurants, cafes, automated people movers, Wi-Fi, lost and found and public art.
Airlines That Fly Into Atlanta
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the busiest airport in the world, in terms of passenger traffic and number of flights, with a volume of 88 million passengers per year. Passengers should show up long in advance and expect to stand in lines. It has many domestic flights, as well as flights to the remainder of North America. It handles a large number of international flights that go to and from South America, Central America, Europe, Asia and Africa. It is the primary hub forDelta Airlines, AirTran Airways and Atlanta Southeast Airlines. Other major airlines that operate out of ATL include Continental, United, US Airways andAir France.
Atlanta Transit Information
Distance to city: 7 miles
Bus to city
- Not available; see Train to city.
Train to city
- Fare: $2.25 ($1.75 to the city, plus 50 cent surcharge for the card)
- The train to Atlanta is operated by the MARTA, which is the city’s rapid transit system. It is an above-ground station, located in the area between the two terminals, in the western part. Passengers can access most of the main downtown areas from this train.
Taxi to city
- Fare: Approximately $30
- There are many different taxi companies that serve the Hartsfield-Atlanta International Airport. They are docked at the Yellow Bus Aisle.
- There are a handful of shuttle buses at the airport, that drop passengers off at nearby hotels and motels.
Car Rental Companies at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Advantage Rent a Car
- Airport Rent a Car of Atlanta
The car rental companies are located in the area in between the North Terminal and South Terminal