Travelers who are looking for cheap flights to Paris can easily find tickets to the Paris Charles de Gualle International Airport or the Paris-Orly Airport. The Charles de Gualle Airport is located to the north of the city, and is the main international airport in Paris. The Paris Charles de Gualle Airport is often called the “Roissy Airport,” or just “Roissy.” It has three terminals, labeled 1, 2 and 3.
The Orly Airport is located to the south of the city, and is mostly used for domestic flights within France. It used to be the major Parisian airport before the Paris Charles de Gualle International Airport was opened, but is still important. It has two terminals, named West and South.
Paris Charles de Gualle International Airport (CDG) Information
The Paris Charles de Gualle International Airport (CDG) is France’s main airport, as well as one of the most important aviation centers in the world. Amenities at this airport include stores, duty-free shopping, bars, cafes, restaurants, Gulli play areas, Playstation play areas, coin-operated games, children’s play areas, massage parlors, beauty salons, a cyber cafe, multimedia terminals, airport magazines, business workstations, ATMs, banking services, currency exchange, a health center, pharmacies, lost and found, luggage services, prayer/religious services (for Catholic, Protestant, Jewish and Muslim religions) and postal services.
Airlines That Fly Into Paris Charles de Gualle International Airport
The Paris Charles de Gualle International Airport (CDG) is very busy; it is the busiest European airport in terms of aircraft movement, as well as the sixth busiest airport in the world for passenger traffic. Most of the air traffic is to other destinations in Europe, but there are also flights to and from all around the world. It is a hub for Air France and EasyJet. Some other major airlines that service this airport include Air Mediterranee, American, Blue Line, Delta, Flybe, Lufthansa and Vueling.
Paris Charles de Gualle Transit Information
Distance to city: 17 miles
Bus to city
- Fare: €4.80
- The bus lines 350 and 351 depart from Terminals 1 and 2, and take passengers to Paris. They run during the day, but stop at night.
Train to city
- Fare: €8.50
- The RER rail line goes to this airport, and runs often on weekdays from 5:00 AM-12:00 AM. This train goes to seven different stops in Paris, where passengers have opportunities to connect to other metro lines.
Taxi to city
- Fare: €34-60
- Taxi fares are subject to traffic, and can get very expensive.
- There is also the Roissy Bus, which departs from every terminal at the airport, between 6:00 AM-11:00 PM. It takes around 45-60 minutes, and costs €9.10.
Car Rental Companies at Paris Charles de Gualle International Airport
Paris-Orly Airport (ORY) Information
The Paris-Orly Airport (ORY) has many amenities, including shops, restaurants, bars, currency exchange, health centers, banking services, postal services, religious services (for Protestant, Catholic, Muslim and Jewish people), Playstation play areas, coin-operated games, children’s play areas, Gulli play areas, information desks, tourist information, lost and found, luggage services, business work stations, lounges and leather care.
Airlines That Fly Into Paris-Orly Airport
The Paris-Orly Airport (ORY) is the busiest French airport in terms of domestic traffic, and also the second busiest airport in France after the Paris Charles de Gualle International. It also has service to destinations in the remainder of Europe, the Middle East, North America, Africa and the Caribbean. It is a hub for Aigle Azur, Air Caraibes, Air France, Corsairfly, EasyJet, Transavia France and Vueling. It is also serviced by Air Algerie, Europe Airpost and Norwegian Air Shuttle.
Paris-Orly Transit Information
Distance to city: 12 miles
Bus to city
- Fare: €6.10, plus train fare
- The Orlybus goes to the Metro and RER stops at Denfert-Rochereau. It takes about 30 minutes, and passengers can then connect to these other trains.
Train to city
- Fare: €7.60
- Passengers can take the Orlyval metro to the RER station “Antony,” in Arceuil. From there, passengers can get on the RER-B rail line and go north into the city.
Taxi to city
- Fare: €30-45
- Though a short trip, fares can be very high during heavy traffic.
Car Rental Companies at Paris-Orly Airport