We are compiling a list of expat, travel and tourism related web sites which we think will be valuable for prospective expats to research destinations and find things to do and ways to connect with other expats once they have landed. If you would like for us to consider your web site for inclusion or have a web site that you like and think is useful to share, just contact us.
- ExpatExchange – lots of expat related links in their resources area.
- Expat Website List at Transitions Abroad. Good starter list of web sites to start with.
- Expat Blog Aggregator at Expatify. See what expats are talking about
- Expatica – Moving, Housing, Employment and more. Focuses on selected European countries including UK, France, Spain, Germany
- Expat-Blog.com – Blog Directory. Very comprehensive list of expat blogs by country. Also includes a forum.
- Expat Arrivals - Comprehensive destination guides aimed at helping expats living and working overseas make their time abroad a success. Unique articles, engaging interviews and a forum filled with tips and advice also feature.
- British food shopping – British Corner Shop is the online supermarket for British expats. Shop online and choose from over 8,000 British groceries, with delivery to your door anywhere in the world.
- ThePouch provides worldwide drop-ship consolidation, U.S. virtual address, package forwarding, repackaging, and personal on-line shopping services to customers worldwide. We are particularly interested in the expat community, having lived/worked abroad in the past.
- Expat & International Career Success Tips Blog – Learn about resources, strategies and tools to help expat professionals, executives and consultants become a highly visible, sought after experts or leaders and succeed abroad.
- International Real Estate at Expatify
- Toma Partners specializes in Luxury homes for Scottsdale and Phoenix real estate and is expat owned, so they understand the challenges expats face.
- Finding the cheapest apartment for rent in a European may be a dauting task…not anympre with Apartment District’s search engine allowing you to compare holiday apartment prices in 32 destinations across Europe.
- Fused World
- Planet Pads
- Big Island Hawaii travel guide. Hawaii is almost like a different country, and a fantastically beautiful place to visit.
- Let Sabine and her team at Select Caribbean Properties assist you in finding that dream property on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. Listings in Sosua, Cabarete and Cabrera.
- Ever wanted to live in Turkey or Florida? Check Colordarcy’s list of investment properties for sale and find the property that meets your requirements.
- Check CENTURY 21 Juan Perdomo for an extensive selection of Sosua real estate for sale. Beachfront condos, building land and villas available.
- Urban Adventures city tours and other related things. Great way to start exploring a new destination.
- Beijing, China Tours great for new expats in Beijing to explore the city.
- Understanding Italy Everything you ever wanted to know about Italy, it’s people, their culture. Also includes travel and tourism information.
- See Washington DC Attractions and Travel Guide to Monuments, Memorials, Museums and Landmarks at seewashingtondc.net
- Health Insurance China offers health insurance for expats in China.
- Learn Chinese in China with an immersion program at Hutong School
- Belgian Trips – information on travel to Belgium and the surrounding area.
Other Helpful Stuff
- Skype make calls via the internet from either a Skype device or your computer to other computers or call land lines. One of the cheapest and most reliable options. Definitely the expat and long-term traveler’s best friend for staying in touch with family and friends.
- Agoda is a good place to book hotels internationally – they have inventory in many places that other travel sites don’t and are especially strong in Asia.