Travelers looking for cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, can easily get to this city by flying into the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. It is located in Dania Beach, which is in Broward County, Florida. It has four terminals, which are further divided into gates.
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) Information
The Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) offers a variety of services for its passengers, such as public baggage storage, free Wi-Fi, medical services, gift shops, restaurants, and a lost and found. This airport is also a major participant in Broward County’s Public Art Program, so it is very decorated.
Airlines That Fly Into Fort Lauderdale
The Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is busy, and is the fastest growing American airport. It is within the 50 busiest airports in the world, so travelers should plan to show up long in advance. FLL is a focus city for Allegiant Air, AirTran Airways, and JetBlue. FLL is also the largest hub for Spirit Airlines. Some major airlines that operate through this airport include: Air Canada, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta, Southwest and Virgin America. There are dozens of direct domestic flights from Fort Lauderdale to many different parts of the USA. There are some international direct flights to places in the Caribbean, Canada, Central and South America.
Fort Lauderdale Transit Information
Distance to the city: 3 miles
Bus to city
- Fare: $1.50 for adults, $0.75 for seniors, disabled, youth and medicare
- The bus is operated byBroward County Transit (BCT). Route 1 goes to the airport, and travelers can catch this bus from the west end of Terminal 1, between Terminals 2 and 3, and between Terminals 3 and 4.
Taxi to city
- Fare: $10-20.
- Travelers should check in at the Transportation Podium, located by baggage claim at the lower level of each terminal. They will display rates for Yellow Cab taxi services.
Train to city
- Fare: $2-5, depending on distance.
- The train is operated by Tri-Rail, which is South Florida’s commuter train. It takes about 45 minutes to reach downtown Fort Lauderdale. You must take a TriRail shuttle bus from the airport to the nearest station.
- There are a variety of shuttle buses that operate from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Some cost as little as $9 into Fort Lauderdale.
Car Rental Companies at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
- ACE Rental Car, Level 3
- Alamo, Level 2
- Avis, Level 3
- Budget, Level 4
- Dollar, Level 4
- Enterprise, Level 4
- E-Z Rent a Car, Level 4
- Hertz, Level 3
- National, Level 2
- Payless, Level 4
- Royal, Level 3
- Thrifty, Level 2