Travelers looking for cheap flights to Portland Oregon, will fly into Portland International Airport. This airport is the largest in the state of Oregon, and it is located alongside the Columbia River, northeast of the city center. It is a very clean and modern airport that offers many domestic, intrastate and a handful of international flights. It is situated in an H-shaped building, divided into five different concourses (labeled A, B, C, D and E) on two different sides. These two sides are separated by the two security checkpoints; A, B and C are on the southern terminal, and D and E are on the northern terminal.
Portland International Airport (PDX) Information:
The Portland International Airport (PDX) is a medium-sized airport that is easy to navigate. PDX features free Wi-Fi throughout its premises, a children’s play area, postal services, shops, cafes and restaurants. There are some kiosks that sell local beers and wines as souvenirs; shoppers at the stores will enjoy tax-free shopping.
Portland International Airport is relatively busy, but does not get overly confusing or hectic, especially during non-rush hours. Many travelers are pleased with their experience at PDX, as it always gets rated as one of the best American airports, if not the best. Some major airlines that fly into PDX include Air Canada, American Airlines, Continental, Delta, Jet Blue, Southwest and United. PDX is large hub for Alaska Air/Horizon Air.
Portland Transit Information:
Distance to the city center: 12 miles
Bus to city
- Not available, but the train connects to many bus stops and transit stations.
Taxi to city
- Fare: Anywhere from $30-80, depending on the time of day.
- There are five taxi companies that serve PDX airport. It takes 20-30 minutes to get to the city center from the airport by taxi.
Train to city
- Fare: $2.30
- The train is called theMAX Light Rail, which is operated by Trimet. The end of the Red Line is located at the PDX airport, and the train goes to many locations in the city center. It takes about 40 minutes from the airport to get downtown on the MAX.
- Many hotels offer shuttle services from their grounds to the PDX airports. There are also a few shuttle buses and vans that operate for 24 hours a day.
Transit options are located in the center section of the airport, in the lower roadway, by the baggage claim and departure level.
Car Rental Companies at Portland International Aiport: