Travel & Expat Lifestyle Magazine

Moving to Saint Kitts and Nevis

The Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis is a two-island nation of the West Indies, and is the smallest country in the Americas, both in size and population. They are geographically part of the Leeward Islands, and were the first islands in the Caribbean to be settled by Europeans. The official language is English, and it is a commonwealth of the United Kingdom. The economy has heavily depended on tourism in recent years, which replaced the old sugar economy.


You may be required to apply for a visa to enter Saint Kitts and Nevis. It takes two business days to process.

To do so, you must submit the following:

  1. Completed visa application form
  2. Passport
  3. Fees

Work Permit

In order to work in Saint Kitts and Nevis, you must have a job lined up before you apply for a permit. You must fill out an application form.

You are required to submit the following along with your completed application form:

  1. Birth Certificate
  2. Passport
  3. Police Certificate
  4. Recent color photograph
  5. HIV test results
  6. Evidence of offer of employment
  7. Evidence of funds
  8. Fees

If applicable, you must also submit a military record, a marriage certificate, a divorce decree or a birth certificate of your children under 18.

Residence Visa

The application for a residence visa is the same process and requires the same documents as the application for a work visa. However, different fees apply.

Student Visa

Foreign students who wish to remain on Saint Kitts and Nevis for over 30 days must apply for a visa. Usually, schools will help you out. To apply for a visa, you must submit the following:

  1. Police records
  2. HIV report
  3. Immunization record
  4. 4 Passport Photos
  5. Valid passport

Moving Pets

You must fill out an application in order to import your pet to St Kitts and Nevis. Your pet is required to be vaccinated against rabies, as well as have a microchip implant. You also have to present a good health certificate from your veterinarian. After your pet comes into the country, it is required to undergo a thirty-day home confinement.

Other Information

Click here for general travel information.

Click here for the government website.

Click here for information about geography and culture.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *